The following competitions are now open and direct links can be found below,
The following competitions are now Closed.
Basic Entry Instructions
- Log on to Photoentry (Use the password sent from the system if you have not already logged in)
- Select 2019-20 Competitions (The Summer Project is not a competition but Photoentry is being use to gather the images)
- Select the Competition
- Select Add New Entry
- Enter Title (Note maximum of 30 characters, not up to 50 as shown)
- Add an optional Enter Reference if desired
- Select Add This Entry
- Select Choose Jpeg
- Select image and select open
- Select Upload Image
- Once image is displayed you’ve competed your first entry.
- Select Add New Entry to add another image (up to the maximum of 20)
- Log out when finished
Full Entry Guidelines
Competition Entry Guidelines (for al full list of rules see the club website)
Entry to club competitions is for fully paid club members only.
- All entries must comply with all current competition rules (Entries which do not comply with club rules and guidelines will be removed from the competition).
- All images must be your own work and no copyright infringement must have taken place to produce your image.
- All images must not have been assigned management to a 3rd party such as a picture agency.
- Digital files should not exceed 1600 x 1200 pixels in dimension and must be a jpeg
- A digital jpeg must be submitted for all prints you are entering into competitions.
- Final submission dates can be found at, http://www.falkirkcameraclub.co.uk/competitions/comps-1-page/ or in the syllabus or calendar.
- Once the closing date for a competition has been reached you cannot change an entry.
Please note that some of the images displayed during club evenings may not be to everyone’s taste and members should bear this in mind and be encouraged to adopt a sensitive approach when submitting entries to competitions.
Competition entry System
All competition entries for projected images (DPI) and prints will be made through the online ‘PhotoEntry‘ web based site. (Prints will of course still need to be handed in).
Memory sticks are no longer accepted, except by special arrangement with the competition secretary. Your login ID will be the email address you gave to the club secretary. If you have not received the email or lose your password use the automated password recovery facility on the PhotoEntry login page. If you do not receive an automated email check that your current email address is the one you have given to the club secretary. You can check this by emailing the secretary.
The online entry system will automatically create the mandatory file name format. All you have to do is enter a plain English title using the online system. This applies to both PDI and Print entries. You are required to fill in the print labels and place them on the back of all prints submitted, this information must be the same as the PDI input to the system. If for some reason you cannot use the system and have arranged with the competition secretary to do a manual hand-in you must use the mandatory file naming format as set out in the competition rules. Physical prints must have the competed labels on the back of the mount.
Before you enter a competition for the first time you will receive the initial automated email (please check your junk email if the email is not found in your inbox).
The automated email you receive will look like this
You have been registered with the Falkirk Camera Club PhotoEntry System. This must now be used for submitting competition entries. It may be accessed using the following information:
normally your email address
wet-tar-bav-hiv (enter in lowercase, including the hyphens, if you cut and paste make sure you Paste as plain text)
The above password has been randomly generated. Once you have logged in you will be asked to change it to one of your choice.
Please login to https://compent.photoentry.uk/compent/
Change the temporary password that is known only to you when you first login. In the case of FCC your login ID will be the email address you gave to the club secretary. You are advised to save this address in your browser for future use. If you forget your password click on the link at the top left of the screen.
How to use the system
From the main menu,
- If you need help use the Helplink on the left.
- Choose the relevant Competition Group
- Then click on the relevant ‘Open’ competition.
Add or change entries (up to the closing date)
One of the very good features of the system is that you can see all of the entries that you make for the whole year in either the Print or the DPI groups.
- Click on the add entry button
- You will then type in the title on the first screen
- Type in the Image Title (without your name, member number, or sequence number)
- After the title has been entered you will then add the image on the next entry screen
- Choose a file and click upload. You will need to wait while the file uploads.
- The system will let you add, normally, up to three entries for each competition.
- Add up to the required number of entries
- When you see the thumbnail image this is confirmation that your image has been entered into the competition. There is no ‘submit’ button.
- If you wish to change your mind or have made a mistake you can edit your entry very easily by clicking on the relevant buttons.
- You can change the order of your entries (blue arrows), edit the title and change the images up to the closing date. You can also delete part of an entry by clicking on the bin icon.
- Please note that when you delete an image by clicking on the bin icon it cannot be retrieved in the online system. It has been permanently deleted. You just have to add another image.
- See the final submission (or ‘hand-in’) dates at, http://www.falkirkcameraclub.co.uk/competitions/comps-1-page/
- Remember to Logout.