The Summer Project images.
Details of Falkirk Camera Club summer project ‘Topics and Techniques’
- It is not a competition and competition standard is not required.
- Open to all members.
- You can do all or some of the subjects, but the expectation is that you try them all.
- A team from the club will select images to show on a club night (possibly as an AV) and feature on the website. Images will be of mixed standard and interest (attention will be on 3 basic skills, Focus, Exposure and Composition). Some metadata may be shown to help understand how the picture was taken (Shutter speed, Aperture, ISO, Focal Length).
- You are not expected to talk about your image.
- Standard PDI size applies (1600 x 1200px max).
- All images must be taken after the project start date (25/04/19).
- Only one image per topic per person to be submitted.
- Images can be submitted as a team or individual.
- The project is for fun and to encourage members to take pictures of subjects you may not normally consider and try some techniques that may be new to you.
Take an image of the following subjects,
- Religious building (inside if possible)
- Stately Home
- Iconic structure or building
- Stars at night
- Organised Event
- Boat or Ship
- Sunrise or Sunset
- Country Landscape
- Urban or Street scene
- Wild Bird
- Wild Animal
- Still Life
- Derelict Building
- Night scene
Try one or all of the following techniques.
- Focus stacking
- Long exposure
You may need access to appropriate software to achieve some of these techniques. If you are not sure of some of the techniques try the website (under Tips) or YouTube.
Details on how/when to submit images will be advised next season. File naming as follows,
SP19 _Topic no.__Member no._ Title. E.g. SP19_01_98_St Giles Cathedral.