The Summer Project 2021-22.
The summer project is now open. Next season all submitted images will be compiled into a slideshow, including some metadata, and shown on a club members night.
Summer Project 2021-22
Details of Falkirk Camera Club summer project.
This project assumes that, for at least some of the summer, we can travel outwith our home area. Outlined below are various subjects to be photographed throughout the summer and some techniques to try.
- It is not a competition and competition standard is not required.
- Open to all members.
- You can select any subjects and submit up to 20 images.
- All images will be compiled into a slideshow to be shown on a club night (or via the website if meetings are not possible). Members are asked to concentrate on the basic skills, Focus, Exposure and Composition. Some metadata will be shown to help understand how the picture was taken (Shutter speed, Aperture, ISO, Focal Length as we have done in previous years).
- You are not expected to talk about your image.
- Standard PDI size applies (1600 x 1200px max).
- All images should be taken after the project start date (16/04/21).
- Please try to vary the subjects.
- Images should be submitted as individuals.
- The project is for fun and to encourage members to take pictures of subjects you may not normally consider and try some techniques that may be new to you.
- We will use PhotoEntry to gather images once the 2021-22 season has been set up. The closing date will be advise at the start of next season.
- Abandoned Buildings
- Car Details
- Church Windows
- Disappearing Technologies
- Farm Animals
- Mismatch (Subject out of place)
- Neon sign
- Parallel Lines
- Tools of the trade
- Vices or habits
- Zig Zags
Interpret these however you like and be as creative as you want.
Members are encouraged try some different photographic techniques.
- Long exposure
- Black and White
You may need access to appropriate software to achieve some of these techniques. If you are not sure of some of the techniques try the website (under Tips) or YouTube.